When is Johanna Konta vs Karolina Pliskova on and what time does it start? Sunday 1st September, 2019 – TBC (UK)
Where is Johanna Konta vs Karolina Pliskova taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Johanna Konta vs Karolina Pliskova? Mostly cloudy, 25c
What channel is Johanna Konta vs Karolina Pliskova on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Johanna Konta vs Karolina Pliskova? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Johanna Konta vs Karolina Pliskova? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Karolina Pliskova beat Johanna Konta 6-3, 6-4
- After coming through a difficult first-round match with Daria Kasatkina, Johanna Konta has looked impressive in two straight-sets wins to reach the round of 16, conceding just six games in her last two matches.
- British number one Konta has reached this stage at the US Open twice before in 2015 and 2016 but this is her least successful Grand Slam to date, having reached the quarter-finals of the other three slams at some point of her career.
- Konta has beaten her next opponent Karolina Pliskova just the once in six matches but the vistory did come on a hard court at the round of 16 stage in Beijing in 2016.
- Third seed Karolina Pliskova dropped the first set of her US Open campaign in the third round to a tricky opponent in Tunisia’s Ons Jabeur but came through to the round of 16 convincingly.
- 27-year-old Pliskova is a former finalist at the US Open after she lost to Angelique Kerber in 2016 and she lost to Naomi Osaka in the semi-finals of this year’s Australian Open.
- Pliskova holds a very healthy 5-1 record over Jo Konta, although they draw 1-1 on a hard court, and beat her in straight sets earlier this year in the final of the Rome Masters.
Jo Konta has looked imperious at the US Open this year but Karolina Pliskova would have been far from her first choice of opponent for the round of 16. The Czech number one is seeded third here and as a former finalist is one of the favourites for the title at Flushing Meadows this year. Pliskova has won five of the six matches between these players, but Konta’s form in the last few matches does make this match highly interesting, and likely to go to a decider.