Where is Ivo Karlovic vs Frances Tiafoe taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
When is Ivo Karlovic vs Frances Tiafoe on and what time does it start? Tuesday 27th August, 2019 - not before 22:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Ivo Karlovic vs Frances Tiafoe? 21-23c with clear skies
What channel is Ivo Karlovic vs Frances Tiafoe on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Ivo Karlovic vs Frances Tiafoe? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Ivo Karlovic vs Frances Tiafoe? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: N/A
- Veteran Ivo Karlovic just keeps on going and the 40-year-old will be hoping to find some form in this opening game of the US Open as he bids to prolong his stay following some poor performances recently.
- The Croatian is 10-13 this season and other than his last tournament appearance in the Western and Southern Open, he failed to win more than one game in any of his last six tournaments.
- Despite that shaky form, he has managed to rise to #79 in the world rankings which is his highest position since April but will need to dig deep to overcome a much younger opponent in this match when facing world #45 Frances Tiafoe.
- Frances Tiafoe reached a career-high of #29 in the world rankings earlier in the year but has slipped back down to #45 after some very poor performances leading up to his fifth appearance in the US Open although he did benefit from two retirements to reach the quarter-finals of the recent Winston-Salem Open.
- Tiafoe has only won one game in the US Open and that came last year against Frenchman Adrian Mannarino but the American will have ambitions of making the third round at the very least this season.
- In his last nine competitions, Tiafoe has a 5-9 record and he will have to show a huge improvement on that recent form but his younger legs should stand him in good stead against the man 19 years his senior.
Ivo Karlovic may not have many more appearances left at the US Open but the 40-year-old will have no intention of departing early in this one. He comes into this event without a great deal of form behind him but faces an opponent who has also struggled recently. France Tiafoe has been poor of late and if he doesn't raise his game he could be on the end of a defeat to big-serving Karlovic.