Where is Hubert Hurkacz vs Jeremy Chardy taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
When is Hubert Hurkacz vs Jeremy Chardy on and what time does it start? Monday 26th August, 2019 - not before 20:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Hubert Hurkacz vs Jeremy Chardy? 21-23c with clear skies
What channel is Hubert Hurkacz vs Jeremy Chardy on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Hubert Hurkacz vs Jeremy Chardy? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Hubert Hurkacz vs Jeremy Chardy? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: N/A
- Impressive Polish youngster Hubert Hurkacz continues to improve and enters this year’s US Open inside the top 50 of the world rankings following a decent year in which he has collected almost $1m in prize money.
- He has defeated four opponents inside the top 10 in what has been a breakout year and the 22-year-old will be hoping to cap 2019 off with a strong showing in just his second appearance at the American Grand Slam.
- He worked his way through qualifying last year and picked up a win in the first round but was outclassed by Marin Cilic in his next game with the Pole only managing to pick up two games in that contest.
- Jeremy Chardy is 21-22 this year and despite entering 2019 in the top 40 in the world, he has slipped down to #74 after some poor showings that he will need to improve on if he is to avoid an exit in the first round here.
- The Frenchman has shown some signs of improvement recently by making the quarter-finals of three consecutive tournaments before retiring from his second-round match at the Winston-Salem Open in the week leading up to Flushing Meadows.
- Chardy faces an opponent here who will be looking to make a mark in just his second US Open whilst Chardy has never really set the world alight here having never progressed beyond the fourth round in New York.
Hubert Hurkacz has enjoyed a good year in which he has won four matches against top 10 opposition and he will be full of confidence after winning the Winston-Salem Open. He will look back on 2019 with fond memories in his breakout year but will hope to continue his strong showing in the US Open. He was handed a harsh lesson in this competition last year against Marin Cilic but has improved greatly since that point and should be able to overcome Frenchman Jeremy Chardy in this opening contest.