When is Gael Monfils vs Marius Copil on and what time does it start? Thursday 29th August, 2019 – not before 20:20 (UK)
Where is Gael Monfils vs Marius Copil taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Gael Monfils vs Marius Copil? Sunny, 28c
What channel is Gael Monfils vs Marius Copil on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gael Monfils vs Marius Copil? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Gael Monfils vs Marius Copil? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: N/A
- Gael Monfils was clinical in his straight-sets victory over Albert Ramos-Vinolas in the first round to set-up a first career meeting with Marius Copil.
- The 32-year-old recently reached the semi-finals of the Rogers Cup but was forced to drop out of the tournament, with an injury also taking him out of the first round of Wimbledon in his previous tournament.
- The world number 13 was forced to retire from his second-round match with Kei Nishikori at the US Open last year too, and the third round in the year before that, leaving no doubt that Monfils’ main foe in the earlier rounds of tournaments is his own body.
- Marius Copil took the lead twice in a massive five-set match with French rising star Ugo Humbert in the first round of the US Open.
- The Romanian is a seasoned doubles player and will play in the first round alongside Nick Kyrgios on Wednesday, with fatigue possibly coming into play against Monfils.
- 28-year-old Copil reached a career-high 56th in the world earlier this year after reaching the second round of the Australian Open and he matches his career Grand Slam record with a second-round match here.
Marius Copil will be feeling the burn in this second-round match with Gael Monfils after a five-set slog with Ugo Humbert and his doubles match with Nick Kyrgios played on Wednesday, while fitness is also Gael Monfils’ main concern. If the Frenchman can stay fit, he can live up to his seeding at 13th and reach the second week at Flushing Meadows, and a fit Gael Monfils will have no problem in overcoming the Romanian in three sets.