When is Denis Kudla vs Dusan Lajovic on and what time does it start? Thursday 29th August, 2019 – not before 16:00 (UK)
Where is Denis Kudla vs Dusan Lajovic taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Denis Kudla vs Dusan Lajovic? Sunny, 26c
What channel is Denis Kudla vs Dusan Lajovic on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Denis Kudla vs Dusan Lajovic? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Denis Kudla vs Dusan Lajovic? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Denis Kudla beat Dusan Lajovic 6-0, 6-2
- Denis Kudla dropped the first set of an emotional match with Serbia’s Janko Tipsarevic but came through to win in four in what was his opponent's final appearance at a Grand Slam before retiring at the end of the year.
- Kudla has exited his previous three tournaments at the earliest opportunity and was unfortunate to meet the eventual champion Novak Djokovic in the second round of last month’s Wimbledon.
- 27-year-old Kudla has reached this stage of the US Open twice before where he lost to then world number five Tomas Berdych in straight sets and last year where he lost to eventual runner-up Juan Martin del Potro.
- Dusan Lajovic began his US Open campaign as the 27th seed with a straight-sets victory over Belgium’s Steve Darcis by winning six of the 14 break points he made.
- World number 29 Lajovic won his first ATP title in Croatia on clay following a disappointing Wimbledon campaign and he also reached the finals in Monte-Carlo back in April.
- The 29-year-old shares a 1-1 head-to-head record with his next opponent Denis Kudla but the pair have not faced each other since 2016 and never before on a hard surface.
Denis Kudla and Dusan Lajovic met twice in 2016 and have a win each in their personal head-to-head, with Kudla winning on grass in Stuttgart and Lajovic taking their only Grand Slam encounter on clay at Roland-Garros. Kudla has been a testing opponent at times for top-end players this year, and while the Serb has the edge in quality, Lajovic has been intermittent in what is the best year of his career to date. This is a difficult match to predict but Kudla could utilise an American home crowd to come through this close encounter.