When is Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov on and what time does it start? Friday 6th September, 2019 – TBC (UK)
Where is Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov? Cloudy, 21c
What channel is Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Daniil Medvedev beat Grigor Dimitrov 6-4, 6-2
- Daniil Medvedev came out on top in an odd quarter-final encounter with Stan Wawrinka in which neither player was at his best, with the Russian almost retiring through injury in the first set before winning in four.
- The 23-year-old is through to the first Grand Slam semi-final of his career and made some way to repairing his relationship with the US Open crowd in his post-match interview, apologising for his behaviour in the earlier rounds.
- This will be the world number five’s 66th match this year on the ATP tour, with a record of 49-16, and he will need to recover well after a thorough medical time out in the first set against Wawrinka showed his body is struggling.
- Grigor Dimitrov put in possibly his best performance since winning the ATP finals in 2017 in beating Roger Federer in the quarter-finals of the US Open in five sets, helped in no small measure by a potential back injury to the world number three.
- The 28-year-old has never got past the round of 16 at the US Open and has reached the third Grand Slam final of his career after losing out to Novak Djokovic at Wimbledon 2014 and Rafael Nadal at the Australian Open three years later.
- Dimitrov will face the unorthodox and unpredictable Daniil Medvedev for a place in the final, with the pair sharing a 1-1 head-to-head record, but the Russian won their previous match on a hard court in 2017 and he is a far better player now.
Grigor Dimitrov will feel vindicated for several difficult years on the tour by his spectacular quarter-final win over the five-time former champion Roger Federer, and could face another player here in Daniil Medvedev whose body might fail him, if the Russian’s last match is anything to go by. Medvedev was more tape than man after the first set against Stan Wawrinka, but still managed to out-smart his opponent and endeared himself back on side with the US Open crowd in the process. The way the draw has fallen around him at Flushing Meadows this year is fortunate, possibly fateful, and the 23-year-old was tipped by some to win his maiden Grand Slam this year at this event. Rafael Nadal probably awaits him in the final, but first of all he must prove himself against a suddenly in-form Dimitrov.