When is Dan Evans vs Lucas Pouille on and what time does it start? Thursday 29th August, 2019 – not before 16:00 (UK)
Where is Dan Evans vs Lucas Pouille taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Dan Evans vs Lucas Pouille? Sunny, 27c
What channel is Dan Evans vs Lucas Pouille on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Dan Evans vs Lucas Pouille? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Dan Evans vs Lucas Pouille? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: N/A
- British number two Dan Evans can complete possibly the best season of his career to date with a decent run at the US Open, which began with a four-set victory over Adrian Mannarino.
- World number 58 Dan Evans’ victory over the world number 57 Mannarino is a significant step towards his attempts to reach, and better, his career-high ATP ranking of 41 achieved in 2017, as while he can sometimes play up to the level of his opponent, he has been known to struggle against the players around him.
- 29-year-old Evans has not played at the US Open since 2016, where he lost in a dramatic five-set match to the eventual champion Stan Wawrinka in the third round.
- Lucas Pouille got his US Open campaign underway with a good four-set win over Germany’s Philipp Kohlschreiber and was clearly putting everything into his first serve, with 16 aces and five double faults.
- 25-year-old Pouille has been incredibly inconsistent this year and had his brilliant Australian Open run ended by Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals, also losing to the Serb in the quarter-finals of Cincinnati in his most recent tournament.
- Pouille enters the US Open as a seed (25th) for the first time and reached as far as the quarter-finals back in 2016 where he lost to Gael Monfils.
Lucas Pouille and Dan Evans face off for the first time in their career in a tasty second-round encounter that should be a fascinating watch. Both players play great tennis; Pouille is often lauded by other players for his shot-making while Evans is known for his ability to outwit better-skilled opponents, and this match should most likely see a set go each way. On this surface, the Frenchman will be the favourite for this match, but Evans has form for taking big players to the wire and a decider might be needed before a player emerges victorious.