Where is Corentin Moutet vs David Goffin taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
When is Corentin Moutet vs David Goffin on and what time does it start? Monday 26th August, 2019 - not before 18:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Corentin Moutet vs David Goffin? 21-23c with clear skies
What channel is Corentin Moutet vs David Goffin on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Corentin Moutet vs David Goffin? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Corentin Moutet vs David Goffin? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: David Goffin beat Corentin Moutet 7-5, 6-0, 6-1
- Corentin Moutet faces the very difficult task of trying to overcome David Goffin in what is just his second appearance at the US Open and he will have to fare better than his debut performance last year.
- The Frenchman was defeated by compatriot Nicolas Mahut in 2018 although he did pick up a set in that defeat and he also picked up victories in his appearances at Roland-Garros and Wimbledon earlier this year.
- Moutet has enjoyed a strong year on the Challenger Tour with a 25-9 record but is 4-7 on the ATP Tour and has lost his only two matches on hard courts which highlights the task he has here as he faces the world #15.
- David Goffin will do well to ride the form that took him to the quarter-finals of Wimbledon this year and he has looked in excellent form in the second half of this season so confidence is high coming into this US Open.
- Goffin’s loss to Daniil Medvedev last time out in the Western & Southern Open final is a massive missed opportunity to win a title this year but he will take heart from having reach the final at least.
- The Belgian number one has reached the fourth round at the US Open for two consecutive years and he is certainly a good prospect for going one better here.
David Goffin could be one of the surprise packages at this year’s US Open with the Belgian entering the tournament in good form. He has reached the fourth round in his last two appearances at Flushing Meadows and he will fancy his chances of going at least one round better this time around. He faces young Frenchman Corentin Moutet here and although Moutet should be game, the difference in class should tell.