When is Cedrik-Marcel Stebe vs Marin Cilic on and what time does it start? Friday 30th August, 2019 – not before 01:15 (UK)
Where is Cedrik-Marcel Stebe vs Marin Cilic taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Cedrik-Marcel Stebe vs Marin Cilic? Mostly sunny, 26c
What channel is Cedrik-Marcel Stebe vs Marin Cilic on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Cedrik-Marcel Stebe vs Marin Cilic? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Cedrik-Marcel Stebe vs Marin Cilic? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Marin Cilic beat Cedrik-Marcel Stebe 6-4, 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
- Cedrik-Marcel Stebe did well to beat Serbia’s Filip Krajinovic in four sets in the first round of the US Open and is through to the second round of a Grand Slam for the first time since his 2017 campaign here.
- 28-year-old Stebe reached a career-high 71st in the ATP world rankings back in 2012 but is currently 256th in the world, despite a run to the finals of the Swiss Open last month.
- Stebe lost to Marin Cilic in their only previous encounter way back in 2012 when the German was at the height of his powers in a four set first-round match at Wimbledon.
- 30-year-old Marin Cilic got past Martin Klizan in three sets by way of a third-set tie-break in their first round match and posted 17 aces along the way.
- Former US Open winner Marin Cilic was at a career-high 3rd in the ATP world rankings last year but has since dropped back to 23rd following a difficult 2019 season.
- Cilic’s form on hard courts this year however has been his saving grace, reaching the round of 16 at the Australian Open and the quarter-finals in Washington more recently.
Cedrik-Marcel Stebe has done well to reach this stage and could take Marin Cilic to a couple of tie-breaks in this second-round match, but the Croatian number two is a former champion here and has plenty to prove. The 22nd seed won this tournament back in 2014 and can turn a disappointing season into a good one with a deep run here, of which he is more than capable. Tie-breaks could feature here, as aforementioned, but Marin Cilic is a class above and can win this in three.