2019 US Open – Caroline Wozniacki vs Danielle Collins Preview & Prediction
When is Caroline Wozniacki vs Danielle Collins on and what time does it start? Friday 30th August, 2019 – not before 00:00 (UK)
Where is Caroline Wozniacki vs Danielle Collins taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Caroline Wozniacki vs Danielle Collins? Sunny, 27c
What channel is Caroline Wozniacki vs Danielle Collins on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Caroline Wozniacki vs Danielle Collins? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Caroline Wozniacki vs Danielle Collins? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Danielle Collins beat Caroline Wozniacki 7-6, RET
- Caroline Wozniacki lost the first set to China’s Wang Yafan in the first round but rallied to win the match in three sets and will face the USA’s Danielle Collins in the second round.
- The 29-year-old Dane has reached the finals of the US Open on two occasions, in 2009 and 2014, and as far as the semi-finals in three other campaigns at Flushing Meadows.
- Wozniacki shares a 1-1 head-to-head record with Danielle Collins but was forced to retire after the first set of their match at the Rome Masters earlier this year, while she beat Collins at Roland-Garros the year previous.
- Danielle Collins came through a challenging match with Polona Hercog in three sets in the first round of the US Open, saving eight of the Slovenian’s 10 break points.
- 25-year-old Collins had her breakthrough Grand Slam campaign at the Australian Open earlier this year, winning her first match at a Slam before reaching the semi-finals.
- Collins will have big designs on the US Open with a home crowd’s support and her hard-court pedigree is clear to see as her 6-0, 6-2 win over then world number two Angelique Kerber in the round of 16 of the Australian Open showed.
Results are hard to predict where Caroline Wozniacki is involved, with the Dane’s clear talent often losing out to more robust players wearing her down or making her commit errors. Danielle Collins’ Australian Open campaign was nothing short of inspiring, and the American is certainly a big-occasion player in the same vein as compatriot Alison Riske. There is a gulf in ability on these respective players’ best days, but Collins could utilise the backing of a home crowd to take this match.