When is Belinda Bencic vs Donna Vekić on and what time does it start? Wednesday 4th September, 2019 – TBC (UK)
Where is Belinda Bencic vs Donna Vekić taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Belinda Bencic vs Donna Vekić? Scattered thunderstorms, 29c
What channel is Belinda Bencic vs Donna Vekić on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Belinda Bencic vs Donna Vekić? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Belinda Bencic vs Donna Vekić? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Donna Vekic beat Belinda Bencic 6-4, 6-1
- Belinda Bencis utilised the extra rest she received from her third-round walkover to beat the reigning champion Naomi Osaka in straight sets in the round of 16.
- The Swiss number one and world number 12 reached the quarter-finals at the US Open on her debut in 2014 and has matched her best finish here already, and indeed in Grand Slams overall, by reaching her second.
- Bencic leads a 2-1 head-to-head record with Donna Vekic although both of the Swiss’ victories came in 2014, with Vekic winning their only Grand Slam encounter earlier this year at Roland-Garros.
- Donna Vekic lost the first set of her US Open campaign to Julia Goerges in the round of 16 but fought back to win in three sets.
- The 23-year-old previously had her worst Grand Slam record at Flushing Meadows but has now reached the quarter-finals at a major tournament for the first time.
- Croatian Vekic has reached the final of the St. Petersburg Open and two semi-finals in Brisbane and Acapulco on hard courts this year and will be motivated to challenge once again here.
This is a difficult match to decipher between two players in good form and in uncharted Grand Slam waters, especially Vekic who is here for the first time but also Bencic who was a teenager in her only previous experience. The loss of Naomi Osaka from this side of the women’s draw offers a massive opportunity to reach the final for either player, and while Vekic was the winner in their Roland-Garros encounter earlier this year, this match might take a decider before a victor is confirmed.