When is Belinda Bencic vs Bianca Andreescu on and what time does it start? Friday 6th September, 2019 – not before 01:15 (UK)
Where is Belinda Bencic vs Bianca Andreescu taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Belinda Bencic vs Bianca Andreescu? Cloudy, 20c
What channel is Belinda Bencic vs Bianca Andreescu on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Belinda Bencic vs Bianca Andreescu? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Belinda Bencic vs Bianca Andreescu? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: N/A
- Belinda Bencic put friendship aside to beat close pal Donna Vekic in straight sets in their quarter-final match on Arthur Ashe, posting eight aces in the process.
- 22-year-old Bencic had gone under the radar at this year’s US Open until her round of 16 straight-sets victory over reigning champion Naomi Osaka
- The Swiss number one has finally bettered her Grand Slam record, set in her debut US Open campaign back in 2014, by reaching the semi-final here where she will play Bianca Andreescu for the first time.
- Bianca Andreescu came back from a set down for the first time at this tournament to beat Elise Mertens in three sets, taking four of a staggering 16 break point opportunities made against the Belgian.
- The Canadian teenager is better than she looks according to her break point stats: she has made a total of 64 break point opportunities on her opponents’ serves, taking 24 of them, which suggests that with a bit more conviction in the big points she can be a world beater.
- At 19 years old, Andreescu becomes just the second player born this millennium to reach a Grand Slam semi-final after Amanda Anisimova’s spectacular run to the last four of Roland-Garros in June.
One of the more unlikely Grand Slam semi-finals of the year sees teenager Bianca Andreescu take on 22-year-old Belinda Bencic for the first time, with neither player seemingly believing they have reached this stage of the competition. Both of Andreescu’s previous matches have been three-set encounters, but she has had plenty of opportunity to finish off her opponents more clinically throughout this tournament with an inflated break points-made stat that should frighten any player on the tour. Bencic will come into this match as the slight underdog but both players have the ability to reach their first Grand Slam final. Andreescu’s star is in the ascendancy, however.