When is Andrey Rublev vs Matteo Berrettini on and what time does it start? Monday 2nd September, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Andrey Rublev vs Matteo Berrettini taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Andrey Rublev vs Matteo Berrettini? Chance of thunderstorms, 26c
What channel is Andrey Rublev vs Matteo Berrettini on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Andrey Rublev vs Matteo Berrettini? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Andrey Rublev vs Matteo Berrettini? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: Andrey Rublev beat Matteo Berrettini 6-3, 7-6
- Andrey Rublev faced down 31 aces from the racket of Nick Kyrgios in their third-round match but still managed to come through in straight sets.
- The Russian youngster won both tie-breaks with Kyrgios in a tense and well-matched encounter, breaking the Aussie just the once but also saving two break points on his own serve.
- Rublev was the victor when the pair met in Marseille earlier this year which also happened to be in the round of 16 stage on a hard court.
- Matteo Berrettini beat Australia’s Jordan Thompson in the second round of the US Open before dismissing Thompson’s young compatriot Alexei Popyrin in the third.
- 24th seed Berrettini won his third successive match at the US Open this year in four sets, all of which he has taken a 2-0 lead in before coming back to win the fourth.
- The 23-year-old has reached his second successive round of 16 place at a Grand Slam after a humbling by Roger Federer at this stage at Wimbledon in July.
Andrey Rublev goes from strength to strength in the latter stages of the 2019 season and his straight-sets victory over Nick Kyrgios represents another big scalp at this year’s US Open. While Matteo Berrettini is the higher ranked player, Rublev will be the favourite for this match, which may well be his downfall. For want of a result between two excellent young players, the Italian has won the first two sets in all of his US Open matches so far, and while he could lose intensity and fade away, he looks likely to take the first set here.