When is Andrey Rublev vs Gilles Simon on and what time does it start? Thursday 29th August, 2019 – not before 19:15 (UK)
Where is Andrey Rublev vs Gilles Simon taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
What is the expected weather for Andrey Rublev vs Gilles Simon? Sunny, 27c
What channel is Andrey Rublev vs Gilles Simon on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Andrey Rublev vs Gilles Simon? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Andrey Rublev vs Gilles Simon? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: N/A
- Andrey Rublev caused his second upset within a fortnight after becoming the latest player to beat Stefanos Tsitsipas in the first round of a Grand Slam, two weeks after he beat Roger Federer in Cincinnati.
- Rublev took the first set against Tsitsipas as the Greek star struggled to find his rhythm before the match became hotly contested, with Rublev taking five of a massive 20 break point opportunities against the world number eight.
- The 21-year-old Russian had been threatening hard-court form in his previous two tournaments where he reached the quarter-final stages of both the Western & Southern Open and the Rogers Cup.
- Gilles Simon lost the first set to Bjorn Fratengelo in their first-round match but came through to win in four to face young Andrey Rublev for the first time.
- 34-year-old Simon will have begun his men’s doubles campaign with compatriot Adrian Mannarino on Wednesday, and fatigue could come into play if this match goes to a fifth set.
- World number 40 Simon has reached the round of 16 on two occasions at the US Open but not since 2014 so his recent form here leads a lot to be desired.
Andrey Rublev has been in around the top 50 for a little while now but he has truly caught the eye this month with wins over Roger Federer and now, perhaps even more impressively considering the stage, Stefanos Tsitsipas at the US Open. The youngster is an exciting prospect, two years the junior of Cincinnati champion Daniil Medvedev, to whom he lost in the match directly after Federer in the quarter-finals of the Western & Southern Open. That could be Simon’s opening here, as if Rublev takes his eye off of the prize the Frenchman could take the first set. However, the longer format of five sets gives Rublev the chance to make a mistake at some point and come through to win.