Where is Alexander Zverev vs Radu Albot taking place? Flushing Meadows, New York
When is Alexander Zverev vs Radu Albot on and what time does it start? Tuesday 27th August, 2019 - not before 18:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Alexander Zverev vs Radu Albot? 21-23c with clear skies
What channel is Alexander Zverev vs Radu Albot on? The US Open will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Alexander Zverev vs Radu Albot? Amazon Prime have the rights to the US Open in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule for streaming times
Where can I get tickets for Alexander Zverev vs Radu Albot? https://www.usopen.org/en_US/tickets/ticket_plans.html
Last meeting: N/A
- Alexander Zverev is in some turbulent form right now with many pundits concerned over his mentality after a string of disappointing tournaments since a quarter-final exit at Roland-Garros.
- Zverev lost to young up-and-coming Serbian Miomir Kecmanovic in Cincinnati last time out and looked unconvincing in the latter stages of the Hamburg Open and Rogers Cup before that.
- Zverev won the ATP Finals on a hard court last year to show his pedigree on this surface but he must target the quarter-finals at this Grand Slam at least, with his previous best a third-round exit last year.
- Moldovan Radu Albot has made a steady rise up the world rankings this year and enters the US Open as the world’s #41 with him possessing high hopes of producing a solid showing at this tournament.
- He faces a tough test in this opening round against world #6 Alexander Zverev but he could capitalise on the German’s poor form to produce a potential upset that would stand him in good stead for the rest of the competition.
- Albot possesses a 27-19 record this year and is 19-10 (0.655) on hard courts whilst he also picked up a title on the same surface this year when claiming the Delray Beach Open in February.
Alexander Zverev must overcome his recent poor form as he faces a tricky opponent to kick-off his US Open campaign. Radu Albot stands in his way of progressing to the second round and he will have to be on his guard against the dangerous Moldovan. Zverev has the ability to go far but he must show he has the mentality to overcome opponents when they apply the pressure and this could be his downfall with Albot able to produce a big shock here.