2019 Swiss Indoors – Roger Federer vs Stefanos Tsitsipas Preview & Prediction
Where is Roger Federer vs Stefanos Tsitsipas taking place? St. Jakobshalle, Basel
When is Roger Federer vs Stefanos Tsitsipas on and what time does it start? Saturday 26th October, 2019, 15:00 (UK)
What channel is Roger Federer vs Stefanos Tsitsipas on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Roger Federer vs Stefanos Tsitsipas? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live via their platform
Last meeting: Roger Federer beat Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-4, 6-4
- Swiss number one Roger Federer received a bye to the semi-final after compatriot Stan Wawrinka was forced to pull out of their quarter-final match through injury.
- Fans in Basel will have been disappointed not to see the all-Swiss tie but a match against Tsitsipas promises to make up for it as Federer targets his 10th title here.
- 38-year-old Federer was the victor the last time he faced Stefanos Tsitsipas to win the Dubai Open title earlier this year and the pair share a 1-1 head-to-head record.
- Stefanos Tsitsipas went a set down to young Serb Filip Krajinovic in their quarter-final before rallying back to win and set up a blockbuster semi-final.
- Tsitsipas has reached the semi-final here for the first time after losing to Daniil Medvedev at the last eight stage last year, and has reached the last four in three consecutive tournaments now.
- The Greek star beat his idol Roger Federer in their first meeting earlier this year at the Australian Open, which saw the 21-year-old burst into the tennis limelight.
Stefanos Tsitsipas has the chance here to emulate Alexander Zverev at the Shanghai Masters by becoming another next generation player to hold a positive win percentage over the great Roger Federer. Finely poised on 1-1 for now, though, Roger Federer will be more determined not to lose here than perhaps he was on the Asian swing in front of an adoring home fan-base and in line for his 10th title. The world number three’s form at this tournament is astounding. He has lost just one semi-final here and that was in 2002, so he has no intention of breaking that streak here.