2019 Shanghai Masters – Roberto Bautista Agut vs Reilly Opelka Preview & Prediction
Where is Roberto Bautista Agut vs Reilly Opelka taking place? Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena, Shanghai, China
When is Roberto Bautista Agut vs Reilly Opelka on and what time does it start? Wednesday 9th October, 2019 - not before 06:50 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Roberto Bautista Agut vs Reilly Opelka? Mostly cloudy, 24c
What channel is Roberto Bautista Agut vs Reilly Opelka on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Roberto Bautista Agut vs Reilly Opelka? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live via their platform
Where can I get tickets for Roberto Bautista Agut vs Reilly Opelka? http://en.shanghairolexmasters.com/
Last meeting: N/A
ROBERTO BAUTISTA AGUT
- Roberto Bautista Agut was forced to retire from his first match at the China Open last week after losing a first set tie-break to Sam Querrey, and his fitness will be in question here.
- The Spanish world number 10 has played an enormous amount of matches in his quest to break the top 10, with a 37-18 record to show for 65 games this season.
- 31-year-old Bautista Agut is a former finalist at this tournament, losing the 2016 final to Andy Murray cruelly having beaten then world number one Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals.
- Reilly Opelka never faced a break point and hammered down 12 aces in his routine straight-sets victory over Dusan Lajovic in the first round.
- The young American is having his breakthrough year on tour after some impressive displays and a title win at the New York Open and he has been rewarded with a career-high 40th in the ATP world rankings.
- Opelka is in good form to face Roberto Bautista Agut for the first time with wins this year over Diego Schwartzman and Fabio Fognini good benchmarks for the Spaniard.
A mismatch in play-styles between 6”11 Reilly Opelka and the hard-working world number 10 Roberto Bautista Agut should make for an entertaining game in the second round at the Shanghai Masters, but much will depend on the fitness of the Spaniard, who had to quit his previous match last week. If he is fit, he should have enough to beat Opelka, but watch this space for signs he is struggling now with the mammoth schedule he has played this year.