2019 Shanghai Masters – Gael Monfils vs Lorenzo Sonego Preview & Prediction
Where is Gael Monfils vs Lorenzo Sonego taking place? Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena, Shanghai, China
When is Gael Monfils vs Lorenzo Sonego on and what time does it start? Monday 7th October, 2019, not before 08:10 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Gael Monfils vs Lorenzo Sonego? Partly cloudy with temperatures around 25c
What channel is Gael Monfils vs Lorenzo Sonego on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gael Monfils vs Lorenzo Sonego? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Gael Monfils vs Lorenzo Sonego? http://en.shanghairolexmasters.com/
Last meeting: N/A
- Gael Monfils has had a disappointing few weeks on the Asian swing of the ATP tour after exiting the Zhuhai Championships in his second match and the China Open to John Isner in his first.
- The Frenchman took part in the doubles, a rare thing, at Shanghai with compatriot Adrian Mannarino but they lost to the 8th seeds Bruno Soares and Mate Pavic.
- 33-year-old Monfils is entering his sixth Shanghai Masters here and has previously reached as far as the quarter-finals where he lost to Novak Djokovic, but he beat Roger Federer in the round before.
- 24-year-old Lorenzo Sonego lost out to a resurgent Hyeon Chung in the first round of the Japan Open last time out but did recently win a Challenger event on clay in his native Italy.
- The Italian beat Miomir Kecmanovic to the Antalya Open title on grass back in June and he has shown to be a versatile player, though the hard surface may be his least favourite.
- World number 54 Sonego will face Gael Monfils for the first time in this first-round match at his maiden appearance at the Shanghai Masters.
This should be an exhilarating first-round match at the Shanghai Masters between an often overlooked but exciting player Lorenzo Sonego and perennial entertainer Gael Monfils. The pair have never face each other before, but Monfils could be challenged throughout in this match as the Italian is just the kind of inconsistent talent to catch him off guard. Monfils should come through this relatively unscathed, but a deciding set will likely be required.