Where is Fabio Fognini vs Sam Querrey taking place? Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena, Shanghai, China
When is Fabio Fognini vs Sam Querrey on and what time does it start? Monday 7th October, 2019, not before 06:50 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Fabio Fognini vs Sam Querrey? Partly cloudy with temperatures around 25c
What channel is Fabio Fognini vs Sam Querrey on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Fabio Fognini vs Sam Querrey? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Fabio Fognini vs Sam Querrey? http://en.shanghairolexmasters.com/
Last meeting: Fabio Fognini beat Sam Querrey 7-5, 6-4, 6-4
- Fabio Fognini overcame Mikhail Kukushkin and Andrey Rublev on his way to the quarter-finals of the China Open last week but he lost to Karen Khachanov, despite taking the first set.
- The Italian is entering the Shanghai Masters for an eighth time and has lost out to stiff competition in several campaigns, including Rafael Nadal in 2017 and Novak Djokovic the previous year.
- The world number 12 will play Sam Querrey for just the second time in their long careers and was victorious the last time they met at the Australian Open in 2014.
- Sam Querrey did well to beat Diego Schwartzman to the quarter-finals of last week’s China Open but then lost there to an in-form Alexander Zverev.
- The American took a little time out following his disappointing first-round exit at last month’s US Open after an excellent grass-court season.
- 31-year-old Querrey has reached as far as the round of 16 at the last two Shanghai Masters but will have to beat Fabio Fognini for the first time if he wants to progress here.
Both Sam Querrey and Fabio Fognini reached the quarter-finals at the China Open last week before losing out to next generation players - Querrey losing to Alexander Zverev and Fognini to Karen Khachanov. Facing each other for the first time since 2014, these two ATP tour veterans will play out a match likely to go under the radar in Shanghai, and a deciding set could be needed to separate them.