Where is Fabio Fognini vs Andy Murray taking place? Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena, Shanghai, China
When is Fabio Fognini vs Andy Murray on and what time does it start? Wednesday 9th October, 2019 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Fabio Fognini vs Andy Murray? Partly cloudy, 24c
What channel is Fabio Fognini vs Andy Murray on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Fabio Fognini vs Andy Murray? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live via their platform
Where can I get tickets for Fabio Fognini vs Andy Murray? http://en.shanghairolexmasters.com/
Last meeting: Andy Murray beat Fabio Fognini 6-2, 4-6, 6-1, 7-5
- Fabio Fognini was dominant on his first serve against Sam Querrey as he beat the American in straight sets in their first-round match at the Shanghai Masters.
- The Italian missed last year’s tournament but had previously appeared at seven consecutive Shanghai Masters from 2011, reaching the round of 16 on two occasions.
- 32-year-old Fognini will face Andy Murray for the eighth time in their careers, with the Brit holding a slender 4-3 lead in their head-to-head record, having last met in 2017.
- Andy Murray came back from a set down against Juan Ignacio Londero in the first round of the Shanghai Masters to win in three sets for the third time since his return to the tour.
- The former world number one moved up 214 places in the ATP world rankings to 289 at the start of the week and looks set for another massive increase after this tournament on his journey back to fitness.
- 32-year-old three-time former Shanghai Masters champion Murray now has a 23-3 record at this tournament, and has only lost to Novak Djokovic and David Ferrer here.
Fabio Fognini’s no-nonsense victory over Sam Querrey is cause for concern for Andy Murray, as the Italian has a knack for challenging the top order of tennis and the former world number one is still miles away from his peak abilities. His match against Juan Ignacio Londero, though, should offer equal cause for optimism, as he looked in good form in spells and managed to angst his way through the bad patches like the Murray of old. It would be difficult to favour the Brit against the world number 12, but a deciding set could be needed between two of the more emotional players on tour.