2019 Shanghai Masters – David Goffin vs Richard Gasquet Preview & Prediction
Where is David Goffin vs Richard Gasquet taking place? Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena, Shanghai, China
When is David Goffin vs Richard Gasquet on and what time does it start? Monday 7th October, 2019, 00:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for David Goffin vs Richard Gasquet? Partly cloudy with temperatures around 25c
What channel is David Goffin vs Richard Gasquet on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream David Goffin vs Richard Gasquet? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for David Goffin vs Richard Gasquet? http://en.shanghairolexmasters.com/
Last meeting: David Goffin beat Richard Gasquet 6-3, 6-4
- David Goffin fell to world number one Novak Djokovic once again this year, this time in the semi-finals of the Japan Open in straight sets.
- The Belgian number one is a classy player but certainly has a ceiling when it comes to the elite players, losing out to Roger Federer in the round of 16 at the US Open last month with little fight.
- Goffin has won two of the three previous meetings with Richard Gasquet, including the last one at the Cincinnati Open back in August.
- World number 42 Richard Gasquet lost in the first round of the China Open last week in straight sets to an in-form Dominic Thiem.
- The Frenchman is entering his 10th Shanghai Masters tournament and has a positive 10-9 record here after reaching the round of 16 or further on three occasions.
- Gasquet’s resurgence following an injury took a hit as he lost in the first round of the US Open, but as Matteo Berrettini went on to reach the semi-finals that loss does not look so bad.
It is surprising to find that David Goffin and Richard Gasquet have not faced each other more than three times in their excellent careers, but this match should be a sight to behold between two of the classiest players on the tour. Goffin holds a 2-1 lead in their head-to-head record and is certainly the more in-form of the two, but Gasquet could make this interesting and this first round match could need a decider.