2019 Shanghai Masters – Daniil Medvedev vs Vasek Pospisil Preview & Prediction
Where is Daniil Medvedev vs Vasek Pospisil taking place? Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena, Shanghai, China
When is Daniil Medvedev vs Vasek Pospisil on and what time does it start? Thursday 10th October, 2019 - not before 05:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Daniil Medvedev vs Vasek Pospisil? Sunny, 27c
What channel is Daniil Medvedev vs Vasek Pospisil on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Daniil Medvedev vs Vasek Pospisil? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live via their platform
Where can I get tickets for Daniil Medvedev vs Vasek Pospisil? http://en.shanghairolexmasters.com/
Last meeting: N/A
- Daniil Medvedev was his usual ruthless self when beating Cameron Norrie 6-3, 6-1 in their second-round match after receiving a bye in the first round.
- The hard court specialist has won three titles on his favoured surface this year, adding his last tournament’s title, St. Petersburg, to the Rogers Cup and the Sofia Open.
- No player has more wins in 2019 than the 23-year-old US Open runner-up, and his 55-17 record for 2019 is wildly impressive in a year in which he’s doubled his titles tally to six.
- World number 248 Vasek Pospisil has come through some big tests at this Shanghai Masters and completed his second successive straight-sets victory over Joao Sousa in the second round after beating 14th seed Diego Schwartzman in the first.
- The Canadian came through the qualifiers by beating the second-seed there Adrian Mannarino and then Marcel Granollers, also in straight sets, and he looks in excellent shape after missing much of the season through injury.
- 29-year-old Pospisil has reached the round of 16 stage at the Shanghai Masters once before where he lost to Novak Djokovic in straight sets.
This match could prove harder for Daniil Medvedev than it looks on paper against world number 248 Vasek Pospisil, as the Canadian is having a bright end to an injury-blighted 2019. However, the Russian is likely the most improved player this year and will have designs on the title here on his favoured surface, with the ATP Finals looking a tantalising prospect. Pospisil might trouble him in places, but two sets should do it for Medvedev.