2019 Shanghai Masters – Daniil Medvedev vs Fabio Fognini Preview & Prediction
Where is Daniil Medvedev vs Fabio Fognini taking place? Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena, Shanghai, China
When is Daniil Medvedev vs Fabio Fognini on and what time does it start? Friday 11th October, 2019 - not before 05:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Daniil Medvedev vs Fabio Fognini? Partly cloudy, 26c
What channel is Daniil Medvedev vs Fabio Fognini on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Daniil Medvedev vs Fabio Fognini? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live via their platform
Where can I get tickets for Daniil Medvedev vs Fabio Fognini? http://en.shanghairolexmasters.com/
Last meeting: Daniil Medvedev beat Fabio Fognini 2-6, 6-4, 6-1
- Daniil Medvedev was pushed hard by Vasek Pospisil in their round of 16 match and was down 1-4 in the first-set tie-break before rallying to win the match in straight sets.
- The 23-year-old is 56-17 for 2019 having played a stupendous amount of matches and he is back on a streak of two-set victories, now six, after a long and gruelling US Open campaign.
- Medvedev lost to Roger Federer in the second round of last year’s Shanghai Masters, but he will likely have to come through a semi-final with Novak Djokovic if he wants to potentially rematch the Swiss in the final.
- World number 12 Fabio Fognini looked convincing in his beating of Karen Khachanov in the round of 16 and will now face another Russian ace in Daniil Medvedev.
- The 32-year-old has reached the quarter-finals of the Shanghai Masters for the first time at the ninth time of asking as he chases crucial points for an unlikely ATP Finals qualification.
- Fognini was the victor the first time he faced Daniil Medvedev in 2017 in Cincinnati but the Russian is probably this year’s most improved player and won the second, and most recent, of their two meetings last year.
Fabio Fognini has not made many friends at the Shanghai Masters and will play the pantomime villain once again when he faces Daniil Medvedev, who is winning hearts and minds on tour as the next gen star to believe in. Nobody has won as many matches as the young Russian this season, especially on hard courts, but Fognini can trouble his straight-sets streak as the the Italian has a knack for claiming the early lead in matches. However, it looks like another Medvedev vs Djokovic showdown in the semi-finals is on the cards.