2019 Shanghai Masters – Andy Murray vs Juan Ignacio Londero Preview & Prediction
Where is Andy Murray vs Juan Ignacio Londero taking place? Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena, Shanghai, China
When is Andy Murray vs Juan Ignacio Londeroon and what time does it start? Monday 7th October, 2019, 11:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Andy Murray vs Juan Ignacio Londero? Partly cloudy with temperatures around 25c
What channel is Andy Murray vs Juan Ignacio Londero on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Andy Murray vs Juan Ignacio Londero? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live via their platform
Where can I get tickets for Andy Murray vs Juan Ignacio Londero? http://en.shanghairolexmasters.com/
Last meeting: N/A
- Andy Murray admitted he was hugely encouraged by his efforts at the China Open, where he beat Matteo Berrettini in the first round and went on to take his first consecutive win since returning from injury by beating Cameron Norrie in three sets.
- Murray received a wildcard for the Shanghai Masters after his return to the ATP tour and he will play qualifier Juan Ignacio Londero for the first time here.
- The 32-year-old is a three-time former champion at this tournament, winning his third title at his last appearance here in 2016 and he has never lost in the first round here.
JUAN IGNACIO LONDERO
- 26-year-old Juan Ignacio Londero beat Victor Troicki and Bradley Klahn to come through the qualifiers at the Shanghai Masters for his first appearance here.
- The Argentine has enjoyed a breakthrough year on tour and is 22-17 for 2019 but the majority of his success has admittedly come on clay courts.
- In fact world number 59 Londero has won just three hard-court matches this year and has the added pressure of facing the returning Andy Murray, who will command most of the support in their match.
Andy Murray enters this tournament with recovery still in mind, but after a relatively fantastic China Open campaign in which he won successive ATP matches for the first time this year he will be confident of justifying his wildcard here. As a three-time former champion, he will garner most of the support in any of the matches he plays anyway, let alone for his incredible journey back from the brink of retiring from the game earlier this year. Juan Ignacio Londero faces the thankless task of meeting him in the first round, and his lack of success on hard courts this year puts the match in Andy Murray’s favour.