2019 Rogers Cup – Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet Preview & Prediction
Where is Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet taking place? IGA Stadium, Montreal
When is Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet on and what time does it start? Friday 9th August, 2019 – 00:50 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet? Scattered thunderstorms and a temperature around 28c
What channel is Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet? https://sport.bt.com/live-on-bt-sport-01364117948039
Last meeting: Roberto Bautista Agut beat Richard Gasquet 6-1, 6-4
ROBERTO BAUTISTA AGUT
- Roberto Bautista Agut is yet to drop a set at this year’s Rogers Cup in two straight-sets victories over Bernard Tomic in the first round and Diego Schwartzman in the second.
- The 31-year-old has already won a title on the hard surface this year when he beat Tomas Berdych at the Doha Open back in January, and this is almost certainly the best year of his career.
- Bautista Agut will face Richard Gasquet in the round of 16, whom he has beaten once this year already at the same stage of Halle in June.
- Richard Gasquet has announced himself fit and firing at this year’s Rogers Cup with his shock second-round defeat of fifth-seed Kei Nishikori, coming back from a set down to win.
- The Frenchman did not play in 2019 until the Madrid Open in May following injury but the defeat of the in-form Nishikori, creating 20 break point opportunities along the way, represents a significant step in his return to his competitive best.
- Gasquet has beaten Roberto Bautista Agut once before on a hard court at the Dubai Open back in 2015 but he is 1-3 down in their head-to-head record.
Richard Gasquet has been underestimated so far at this Rogers Cup but once again finds himself up against a player in Roberto Bautista Agut who is in the form of his life. The Wimbledon semi-finalist has won on hard courts already this year and it is difficult to tell which court he favours. What is assured is that this match will be the one to watch in the round of 16 between two classy players, but the Spaniard beat Gasquet relatively comfortably as recently as June and should be considered a contender for this title in Montreal.