Where is Rafael Nadal vs Guido Pella taking place? IGA Stadium, Montreal
When is Rafael Nadal vs Guido Pella on and what time does it start? Thursday 8th August, 2019 – 23:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Rafael Nadal vs Guido Pella? Scattered thunderstorms and a temperature around 28c
What channel is Rafael Nadal vs Guido Pella on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Rafael Nadal vs Guido Pella? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Rafael Nadal vs Guido Pella https://sport.bt.com/live-on-bt-sport-01364117948039
Last meeting: Rafael Nadal beat Guido Pella 7-6, 6-3
- Rafael Nadal was tested all the way in his first match after his semi-final loss at Wimbledon by British number two Dan Evans, who almost took the first set tie-break before the Spaniard closed out the match.
- The 33-year-old can be forgiven for a shaky start after nearly four weeks off the court and his first serve suffered as a result, landing 58% of the time, although he won 82% of the points when it did.
- Nadal holds a 3-0 record over next opponent Guido Pella in all-time meetings, with his most recent victory coming earlier this year on clay in the quarter-finals at Monte-Carlo.
- Guido Pella beat 15th seed David Goffin in the first round of the Rogers Cup and then Radu Albot in the second to set up a fourth career meeting with Rafael Nadal.
- Argentine Pella is having the best year of his career by some way after an excellent clay court season was followed by a first Grand Slam quarter-final place at Wimbledon last month.
- The 29-year-old world number 24 is embarking on his first campaign in Montreal as he gears up to make gains on his third-round exit at last year’s US Open.
Rafael Nadal’s first match at the Rogers Cup had every test required for him to shake off the disappointment of another semi-final Wimbledon exit. A hard-fought tie-break against Dan Evans in a match interrupted by rain will have raised his game for this fourth meeting with Argentina’s Guido Pella, who is having a remarkable year. The reigning champion will no doubt be challenged by the world number 24, but Nadal is likely to go on a rampage towards the finals now in a tournament lacking the two other apex predators. Messrs Federer and Djokovic.