2019 Rogers Cup – Nikoloz Basilashvili vs Alexander Zverev Preview & Prediction
Where is Nikoloz Basilashvili vs Alexander Zverev taking place? IGA Stadium, Montreal
When is Nikoloz Basilashvili vs Alexander Zverev on and what time does it start? Thursday 8th August, 2019 (UK)
What channel is Nikoloz Basilashvili vs Alexander Zverev on? BT Sport have the television rights to the Rogers Cup this year so it is worth checking their schedule for this match
Where can I stream Nikoloz Basilashvili vs Alexander Zverev? If televised, BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app. Amazon Prime subscribers can also stream the match on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Nikoloz Basilashvili vs Alexander Zverev? https://sport.bt.com/live-on-bt-sport-01364117948039
Last meeting: Nikoloz Basiliashvili beat Alexander Zverev 6-4, 4-6, 7-6
- Georgian number one Nikoloz Basilashvili has beaten two excellent opponents in Dusan Lajovic and Jan-Lennard Struff in three sets each to reach the round of 16 of the Rogers Cup for the first time.
- Basilashvili came into the Montreal Open off the back of his title-winning campaign on clay at the Hamburg Open, where he beat his next opponent Alexander Zverev in the semi-finals.
- The 27-year-old has played a massive 38 matches so far this year, with his two Rogers Cup wins bringing him up to a 22-16 record for 2019.
- Alexander Zverev got through a tricky first set tie-break with Cameron Norrie and eventually sealed the win to set up a round of 16 tie with 13th seed Nikoloz Basiliashvili.
- The German number one has struggled for consistency in recent months and with the US Open looming he will be desperate to achieve as much as he can both here and in Cincinnati next week.
- 22-year-old Zverev beat Basilashvili last year on a hard court on Shanghai and the pair sit level on 1-1 in their all-time meetings.
Nikoloz Basilashvili will be coming into this round of 16 clash with Alexander Zverev off the back of a Men’s Doubles match with his second-round foe Jan-Lennard Struff the day before, but Zverev will also have played a Doubles match, cancelling out the fatigue angle. Form and confidence will be on the side of the Georgian, however, after he won the Hamburg Open via victory over Zverev in the semi-finals, with the German struggling to find his rhythm this year. A lot depends on the mindset of the German, but as a former winner in this tournament, he takes favour in what should be an excellent match.