Where is Karen Khachanov vs Daniil Medvedev taking place? IGA Stadium, Montreal
When is Karen Khachanov vs Daniil Medvedev on and what time does it start? Saturday 10th August, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Karen Khachanov vs Daniil Medvedev? Scattered thunderstorms with a temperature around 19c
What channel is Karen Khachanov vs Daniil Medvedev on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Karen Khachanov vs Daniil Medvedev? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Karen Khachanov vs Daniil Medvedev? https://sport.bt.com/live-on-bt-sport-01364117948039
Last meeting: Karen Khachanov beat Daniil Medvedev 6-1, 6-7, 6-3
- Karen Khachanov has grown into the 2019 Rogers Cup with each performance and commanded respect in his straight-sets victory over Alexander Zverev in the quarter-finals of a very difficult draw.
- The 23-year-old has also defeated Stan Wawrinka and home favourite Felix Auger-Aliassime on his way to the final and will now face friend and fellow countryman Daniil Medvedev in the semi-finals.
- Khachanov was imperious on his serve against Alexander Zverev, winning 82% of the time when his first landed with his aggressive, positive play that stopped the German number one from ever breaking him.
- Daniil Medvedev has lost just 13 games in three matches en route to this all-Russian clash in the semi-finals of the Rogers Cup, completely dominating the second seed Dominic Thiem in the quarters.
- The world number 9 will face world number 8 Karen Khachanov today in the first all-Russian semi-final at the Rogers Cup after the pair broke the ATP top 10 almost simultaneously earlier this year.
- Medvedev shares a 1-1 head-to-head record with Khachanov, with both Medvedev’s win at the 2017 Next Gen Finals and Khachanov’s in Moscow 2018 tightly-fought and played on hard courts.
There is so little between these players on paper it beggars belief: as friends, both from Russia, both 23-years-old, both 6"6, both newly inducted members of the top 10 and both in scintillating form at this Rogers Cup. While Karen Khachanov has played out the harder draw (Wawrinka, Auger-Aliassime, Zverev), he has dropped a set and been broken more times than Daniil Medvedev, who has looked quite unstoppable. Even they play-styles should shore up this match result’s defences, with Khachanov’s aggressive game matching up against Medvedev’s rather languid, unorthodox but tricky technique. Both the previous matches between these two have seen both players win a set, but Medvedev’s form suggests this is one of those matches; where Medvedev can win in two but Khachanov’s experience in this tournament can see him win the decider if it goes to three.