Where is Daniil Medvedev vs Dominic Thiem taking place? IGA Stadium, Montreal
When is Daniil Medvedev vs Dominic Thiem on and what time does it start? Friday 9th August, 2019 – 17:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Daniil Medvedev vs Dominic Thiem? Partly cloudy with a temperature around 20c
What channel is Daniil Medvedev vs Dominic Thiem on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Daniil Medvedev vs Dominic Thiem? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match on their platform
Where can I get tickets for Daniil Medvedev vs Dominic Thiem? https://sport.bt.com/live-on-bt-sport-01364117948039
Last meeting: Dominic Thiem beat Daniil Medvedev 6-4, 6-0
- Daniil Medvedev is looking imperious at this year’s Rogers Cup after two decisive straight-sets victories over Kyle Edmund in the second round and Cristian Garin in the round of 16.
- The Russian has been incredibly economical with his break points made, winning 5/5 against Edmund and 4/6 against Garin to win a combined 24 games to his opponents’ nine.
- The 23-year-old was beaten in the final of last week’s Citi Open in Washington by Nick Kyrgios in two hotly contested tie-breaks and must be considered a real threat both now and the at the incoming US Open.
- Second-seed and world number four Dominic Thiem battled through a tough first-set tie-break with Marin Cilic to win in straight sets in the round of 16.
- The 25-year-old Austrian has finally broken his duck here after five successive years without a Rogers Cup victory and could well meet a familiar foe in Rafael Nadal in the final.
- Thiem holds a 2-0 head-to-head record over young Russian Daniil Medvedev and beat him comfortably earlier this year in the final of the Barcelona Open on his favoured clay.
Daniil Medvedev was on the wrong side of two tie-breaks to lose in the final of last week’s Washington Open but had not dropped a set on course to that final and is yet to do so here after two commanding performances. His five-set marathon match with David Goffin at Wimbledon last month may have done him the world of good, as he looks clinical on break points and prolific in his first serve. Dominic Thiem will be up against it here, and although he is the higher seeded player at 2nd, form so far in this competition suggests this will be an extremely tough match for the Austrian. The young Russian is on an upward trajectory towards the US Open and can announce himself here with a win.