Where is Gael Monfils vs Benoit Paire taking place? Palais omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France
When is Gael Monfils vs Benoit Paire on and what time does it start? Wednesday 30th October, 2019 - TBC (UK)
What channel is Gael Monfils vs Benoit Paire on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gael Monfils vs Benoit Paire? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live via their platform
Where can I get tickets for Gael Monfils vs Benoit Paire? https://www.rolexparismasters.com/uk#block-generic-core-catalogue
Last meeting: Benoit Paire beat Gael Monfils 2-6, 7-6, 6-4
- World number 13 Gael Monfils is a two-time finalist at the Paris Masters and received a bye to the second round in his first appearance here for four years.
- The 33-year-old lost his first final 10 years ago to Novak Djokovic and then Robin Soderling the following year and this will be his ninth appearance here.
- Monfils has reached the quarter-finals in three of his last six tournaments, including his five-set marathon loss to Matteo Berrettini at the US Open, and is coming off a semi-final defeat to Diego Schwartzman in Vienna.
- Benoit Paire got the job done against Damir Dzumhur in the first round of the Paris Masters to set up an all-French second-round tie with Gael Monfils.
- 30-year-old Paire has only won two matches at this home tournament in six previous campaigns and lost his previous second-round matches to Kei Nishikori and Gilles Simon.
- Paire was the victor in his only previous meeting with compatriot Monfils at this very event four years ago in the first round of the Paris Masters, coming back to win in three sets.
This should be a really enjoyable game in front of a large Parisian crowd on Wednesday between two French players who have been in some of their best form in places this year. 10 ATP rankings places separate Benoit Paire in 23rd and Gael Monfils in 13th, and the elder Frenchman looks good for that gap in this encounter, though Paire will certainly make it a difficult task.