Where is Novak Djokovic vs Go Soeda taking place? Ariake Coliseum, Tokyo
When is Novak Djokovic vs Go Soeda on and what time does it start? Wednesday 2nd October, 2019, 05:40 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Novak Djokovic vs Go Soeda? Cloudy and humid, 30c
What channel is Novak Djokovic vs Go Soeda on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Novak Djokovic vs Go Soeda? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Novak Djokovic vs Go Soeda? https://rakutenopen.com/en/tickets/
Last meeting: N/A
- World number one Novak Djokovic made light work of Australia’s Alexei Popyrin in his first singles match back on court since his injury at the US Open last month.
- The Serb will be aiming to win as many matches as possible in the hope of making year-end number one in the ATP rankings, after Rafael Nadal’s US Open triumph.
- Djokovic is making his debut at the Japan Open this year but has an excellent track record in Asian tournaments, including a 100% record and six titles won at the China Open, also taking place this week.
- Go Soeda will be relishing the chance to play the world number one at his home tournament in Japan after beating a tough competitor in Jan-Lennard Struff in the first round.
- 35-year-old Goeda reached as high as world number 47 in 2012 and can enjoy the occasion against Djokovic after winning his first match at the Japan Open in 13 attempts.
- This will be Soeda’s second ATP tour-level match in 2019 but he has been a consistent performer on the Challenger circuit, losing in the finals of the Jihan Open last month to Kyle Edmund’s recent conqueror Zhizhen Zhang.
Go Soeda has won his first match at his home tournament after 12 previous losses in Tokyo, and a match against the world number one on centre court at the Ariake Coliseum is his just rewards. The 35-year-old could take a couple of service games, but he cannot realistically hope for more than that. Novak Djokovic will be glad of a kind draw so far at the Japan Open as he eases his way back into fitness.