Where is Stan Wawrinka vs Gilles Simon taking place? Lotto Arena, Antwerp, Belgium
When is Stan Wawrinka vs Gilles Simon on and what time does it start? Friday 18th October, 2019 (UK)
What channel is Stan Wawrinka vs Gilles Simon on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Stan Wawrinka vs Gilles Simon? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Stan Wawrinka vs Gilles Simon? http://en.shanghairolexmasters.com/
Last meeting: Gilles Simon beat Stan Wawrinka 6-4, 6-4
- Stan Wawrinka played out a rather surprising match with Feliciano Lopez that saw 35 aces served between them, but the Swiss made it through the deciding set tie-break to reach the quarter-finals.
- Wawrinka will play another veteran in Gilles Simon in the last eight of the European Open, with whom he leads a 4-3 head-to-head record dating back to 2010.
- The 34-year-old has worked his way back into the top 20, reaching 18th in the ATP world rankings earlier this week as he aims to win his first ATP title since the Geneva Open in 2017.
- 34-year-old Gilles Simon beat compatriot Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in straight sets in their round of 16 match and is through to the quarter-finals of an ATP event for the first time since the grass season.
- The Frenchman is playing in his third European Open campaign and also reached this stage in last year’s edition before losing out to Diego Schwartzman in straight sets.
- Simon was the winner the last time he faced Stan Wawrinka and in fact leads their record on hard courts 3-1, with the Swiss number two victorious on all three meetings played on clay.
This should be an excellent match for the purists between two classy veterans as Stan Wawrinka and Gilles Simon meet for the eighth time in their careers. Wawrinka is entering his first tournament since an exhausting US Open campaign was put to an end by Daniil Medvedev, while Simon has played several tournaments since the Grand Slam. However, match fitness does not excuse poor performances, and this is the first time since Eastbourne that he has managed to win consecutive matches at a tournament. Wawrinka is the better player in this match-up, and should come through this in straight sets.