2019 Cincinnati Masters – Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet Preview & Prediction
Where is Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet taking place? Lindner Family Tennis Center, Mason
When is Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet on and what time does it start? Friday 16th August, 2019, 18:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet? Partly cloudy with a temperature around 28c
What channel is Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Roberto Bautista Agut vs Richard Gasquet? https://www.wsopen.com/Tickets/
Last meeting: Roberto Bautista Agut beat Richard Gasquet 7-5, 7-5
ROBERTO BAUTISTA AGUT
- Roberto Bautista Agut completely dismantled Miomir Kecmanovic in the round of 16 at the Cincinnati Masters, conceding just three games to meet Richard Gasquet in the quarter-finals.
- This will be the third time this year, and the second successive tournament after last week’s Rogers Cup, that Bautista Agut and Gasquet have faced each other having also met at Halle in June.
- Bautista Agut has won both matches against Gasquet this year and holds a 4-1 head-to-head record over the Frenchman, with the Spaniard going from strength-to -strength as he aims to break the top 10 in time for the US Open.
- Richard Gasquet beat his second successive Argentinian in straight sets after following up a second-round win over Federico Delbonis with a round of 16 victory over Diego Schwartzman.
- Gasquet is clearly playing towards the top-end of his abilities now following a long lay-off from injury and his win against Kei Nishikori at last week’s Rogers Cup and Schwartzman here put him in top 20 standard despite his ATP ranking of 54.
- Gasquet has emulated his best showing at Cincinnati by reaching the quarter-finals as he prepares to compete at the US Open where, alongside two semi-finals at Wimbledon, he has seen his joint-highest Grand Slam placing.
Richard Gasquet has had an interesting campaign at the Cincinnati Masters, with a first-round media frenzy over his match with the returning Andy Murray and then facing Federico Delbonis after Dominic Thiem pulled out, but his win over an in-form Diego Schwartzman shows promising signs for his immediate future. However, he faces Roberto Bautista Agut, a man on a mission to break the top 10 after reaching a career-high 11th this week, and the Spaniard has a point to prove after his quarter-final exit to Gael Monfils at last week’s Rogers Cup. Bautista Agut should be considered a potential winner of this tournament, with the loss of Roger Federer leaving Novak Djokovic the only top three member in the draw. The Spaniard can beat Gasquet for the third time this year.