2019 Cincinnati Masters – Lucas Pouille vs Karen Khachanov Preview & Prediction
Where is Lucas Pouille vs Karen Khachanov taking place? Lindner Family Tennis Center, Mason
When is Lucas Pouille vs Karen Khachanov on and what time does it start? Thursday 15th August, 2019, 20:40 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Lucas Pouille vs Karen Khachanov? Mostly sunny with a temperature around 29c
What channel is Lucas Pouille vs Karen Khachanov on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Lucas Pouille vs Karen Khachanov? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Lucas Pouille vs Karen Khachanov? https://www.wsopen.com/Tickets/
Last meeting: Karen Khachanov beat Lucas Pouille 6-3, 7-5, 6-3
- 25-year-old Lucas Pouille is yet to drop a set at this year’s Cincinnati Masters with two commanding wins over Denis' Kudla and Shapovalov to face Karen Khachanov in the round of 16.
- Pouille has improved upon his Cincinnati Masters performances year on year after a first-round exit in 2016 and a second-round exit to Leonardo Mayer last year.
- Lucas Pouille is on the wrong end of a 2-1 head-to-head record with his next opponent Khachanov, losing most recently to the Russian in straight-sets at last year’s Roland Garros.
- Karen Khachanov was the victor in a bad-tempered three-set match with Nick Kyrgios in which he lost the first set tie-break but rallied back to win 7-6, 6-7, 2-6.
- Khachanov had some impressive stats in his second-round match with Kyrgios, facing down 21 aces but also making 13 of his own, with a first serve percentage of 82% and a 79% win percentage on his first serve.
- Khachanov won one of his five career titles against Lucas Pouille last year at the Marseille Open on a hard court, but they are 1-1 on this surface following Pouille’s win in Dubai a week later.
This is the fourth meeting between France’s Lucas Pouille and Russia’s Karen Khachanov and the match as a whole should be an absolutely compelling watch. Their head-to-head record is finely poised on 2-1 to Khachanov, and the world number nine looks to be in the better form coming into this match to go two wins clear of Pouille. This could be a rather lengthy encounter if Pouille is at his elegant best, but Khachanov just has a little bit more to give as things stand.