2019 Cincinnati Masters – Grigor Dimitrov vs Stan Wawrinka Preview & Prediction
Where is Grigor Dimitrov vs Stan Wawrinka taking place? Lindner Family Tennis Center, Mason
When is Grigor Dimitrov vs Stan Wawrinka on and what time does it start? Tuesday 13th August, 2019 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Grigor Dimitrov vs Stan Wawrinka? Partly cloudy with a temperature around 30c
What channel is Grigor Dimitrov vs Stan Wawrinka on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Grigor Dimitrov vs Stan Wawrinka? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Grigor Dimitrov vs Stan Wawrinka? https://www.wsopen.com/Tickets/
Last meeting: Stan Wawrinka beat Grigor Dimitrov 6-4, 6-4
- Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov dropped 20 places to world number 74 after a first-round exit to his first-round opponent here Stan Wawrinka last ween in Montreal, having been as high as 3rd just two years ago.
- Dimitrov must be cursing his luck having drawn Stan Wawrinka for a second consecutive tournament and the third time this year after the Swiss also knocked him out of Roland-Garros.
- 28-year-old Dimitrov is a former champion at this event having won the 2017 title in his most successful year but he has fallen away massively since then and looks in need of a vital change.
- Stan Wawrinka lost to world number eight Karen Khachanov in three sets in the second round of last week’s Rogers Cup and opens up his Cincinnati account against Dimitrov once more, as he did last week.
- The Swiss number two lost to his compatriot Roger Federer in the semi-finals of this event in 2012 and has since reached the quarter-finals stage in 2014, 2015 and last year – losing to Federer again.
- Wawrinka holds a healthy 6-4 record over Dimitrov made all the more convincing by his 4-0 record over the Bulgarian since 2018, with three wins at Grand Slams and the aforementioned meeting last week.
Grigor Dimitrov and Stan Wawrinka are playing each other yet again, this match being their third this season and Dimitrov’s second successive fixture, with the Bulgarian’s last career victory over Wawrinka coming at this tournament in 2016. Dimitrov won the title a year later in the same year he won the ATP Finals in London but he has since fallen away in a bad way and needs a complete overhaul and evaluation at the end of this season. Stan Wawrinka has had his own troubles in the past few years, but looks likely to challenge in the opening rounds of the incoming US Open and can get through to the second round here against a familiar foe.