2019 Cincinnati Masters – Frances Tiafoe vs Roberto Bautista Agut Preview & Prediction
Where is Frances Tiafoe vs Roberto Bautista Agut taking place? Lindner Family Tennis Center, Mason
When is Frances Tiafoe vs Roberto Bautista Agut on and what time does it start? Thursday 15th August, 2019, 00:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Frances Tiafoe vs Roberto Bautista Agut? Partly cloudy with a temperature around 28c
What channel is Frances Tiafoe vs Roberto Bautista Agut on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Frances Tiafoe vs Roberto Bautista Agut? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Frances Tiafoe vs Roberto Bautista Agut? https://www.wsopen.com/Tickets/
Last meeting: N/A
- 21-year-old Frances Tiafoe took out Gael Monfils in the first round of the Cincinnati Masters in straight sets after battling through a first-set tie-break.
- The young American has been as high as 29th in the ATP world rankings this year but fell away somewhat after his Australian Open display and he will have designs on emulating his quarter-final exit there at the incoming US Open.
- Tiafoe has since exited two Grand Slams at the earliest opportunity but in fairness these were both five-set affairs and he has already exhibited great hard-court pedigree with another quarter-final in Miami.
ROBERTO BAUTISTA AGUT
- Roberto Bautista Agut faced 21 aces from young Pole Hubert Hurkacz on Tuesday and still managed to win in straight sets to face Frances Tiafoe in the second round.
- The Spaniard had an incredible 80% win percentage on his second serve which depicts the unmatchable work ethic that has seen him reach a career-high 11th in the ATP world rankings this year.
- 31-year-old Bautista Agut has already matched his best showing at the Cincinnati Masters after two second-round exits here in 2014 and 2015.
Frances Tiafoe is unlucky to come up against 31-year-old Roberto Bautista Agut at this stage of the competition with the Spaniard at the height of his powers. Tiafoe did beat Gael Monfils, who in turn beat Bautista Agut last week in Montreal, in the first round but the Frenchman rolled his ankle at the Rogers Cup and may not have been at full fitness. With a kinder draw, Tiafoe could grow into the US Open as a home favourite and challenge anyone, but Roberto Bautista Agut has the right game to take on the fitter players on tour with his robust, pinpoint accurate tennis.