2019 Cincinnati Masters – Fabio Fognini vs Denis Shapovalov Preview & Prediction
Where is Fabio Fognini vs Denis Shapovalov taking place? Lindner Family Tennis Center, Mason
When is Fabio Fognini vs Denis Shapovalov on and what time does it start? Tuesday 13th August, 2019
What is the expected weather for Fabio Fognini vs Denis Shapovalov? Partly cloudy with a temperature around 30c
What channel is Fabio Fognini vs Denis Shapovalov on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Fabio Fognini vs Denis Shapovalov? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Fabio Fognini vs Denis Shapovalov? https://www.wsopen.com/Tickets/
Last meeting: Denis Shapovalov beat Fabio Fognini 6-3, 7-5
- Denis Shapovalov took the middle set in a second-round loss to Dominic Thiem at his native Rogers Cup last week and is 16-17 for the 2019 season coming into this.
- Shapovalov’s win over Pierre-Hugues Herbert in the first round of last week’s Rogers Cup was his first in five tournaments following first-round exits at Roland Garros, Wimbledon and two other ATP events.
- The 20-year-old lost to fellow Canadian Milos Raonic in the third round of last year’s Cincinnati Open in his maiden appearance at the tournament.
- Fabio Fognini moved one place back up to 10th in the ATP world rankings following his quarter-final exit at last week’s Rogers Cup to eventual champion Rafael Nadal.
- The Italian reached as far as the quarter-finals here at Cincinnati back in 2014, losing to Milos Raonic, and lost out in the second round last year to Dominic Thiem.
- Fognini was the loser in his only previous meeting with Denis Shapovalov, with the Canadian youngster beating him in straight sets at last year’s Rogers Cup.
Denis Shapovalov appears to be at some sort of crossroads in his young career already, hastened on by the rise and rise of 19-year-old Felix Auger-Aliassime, as he has the talent to break the top 20 but sometimes lacks the focus. He has beaten his first Cincinnati opponent Fabio Fognini once before at last year’s Rogers Cup, but that 100% record looks likely to half with the Italian in his renaissance year and gearing up for the fast-approaching US Open.