2019 Cincinnati Masters – Denis Shapovalov vs Lucas Pouille Preview & Prediction
Where is Denis Shapovalov vs Lucas Pouille taking place? Lindner Family Tennis Center, Mason
When is Denis Shapovalov vs Lucas Pouille on and what time does it start? Wednesday 14th August, 2019, 19:55 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Denis Shapovalov vs Lucas Pouille? Partly cloudy with a temperature around 29c
What channel is Denis Shapovalov vs Lucas Pouille on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Denis Shapovalov vs Lucas Pouille? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Denis Shapovalov vs Lucas Pouille? https://www.wsopen.com/Tickets/
Last meeting: N/A
- Denis Shapovalov was due to face Fabio Fognini in the first round of the Cincinnati Masters but the Italian dropped out, leaving him with little time to prepare to face Joao Sousa.
- However, the Canadian carried over his good Rogers Cup form from last week to beat the Portuguese in three sets after losing the first and will now face Lucas Pouille for the first time in his career.
- Still only 20 years old, Shapovalov took a set off of Dominic Thiem last week in Montreal and has hard-court form this year after a semi-final exit to Roger Federer in Miami and a round of 16 loss at Indian Wells.
- Lucas Pouille defeated American Denis Kudla in straight sets in the first round of the Cincinnati Masters on Monday before playing out a long and arduous three set Doubles match on Tuesday with compatriot Adrian Mannarino.
- It remains to be seen how much Pouille has left in the tank after three sets against Horacio Zeballos and Diego Schwartzman that featured two tie-breaks and a championship tiebreak.
- The 25-year-old Frenchman is 13-15 in 2019 and has had a remarkably inconsistent year having reached the semi-finals of the Australian Open while also exiting nine of his tournaments at the earliest opportunity.
Lucas Pouille and Denis Shapovalov are meeting for the first time in their careers and on their most successful surface this year in what should be a fantastic match for the watching fans. Both have a tendency to lose focus at key moments, while possessing all the ability to go deep into tournaments like Pouille did at the Australian Open this year and Shapovalov in Miami. Just three ATP world rankings separate Pouille at 31st with the young Canadian at 34th and there will be little to separate them on the court too. It could be either player winning this on the day, but with just four and three of Pouille and Shapovalov’s last ten matches seeing an extra set respectively, this should be over in two.