2019 Cincinnati Masters – Danill Medvedev vs Jan-Lennard Struff Preview & Prediction
Where is Danill Medvedev vs Jan-Lennard Struff taking place? Lindner Family Tennis Center, Mason
When is Danill Medvedev vs Jan-Lennard Struff on and what time does it start? Thursday 15th August, 2019, 18:00 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Danill Medvedev vs Jan-Lennard Struff? Mostly sunny with a temperature around 28c
What channel is Danill Medvedev vs Jan-Lennard Struff on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Danill Medvedev vs Jan-Lennard Struff? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Danill Medvedev vs Jan-Lennard Struff? https://www.wsopen.com/Tickets/
Last meeting: Daniil Medvedev beat Jan-Lennard Struff 6-3, 3-6, 7-6
- Daniil Medvedev looks in imperious form once again following a straight-sets victory over Benoit Paire in the second round in which he broke the Frenchman’s serve four times.
- The Russian has lost in the finals of his last two tournaments, to Nick Kyrgios in Washington and Rafael Nadal in Montreal, and he should be considered an outside favourite here in Cincinnati and a dark horse for the incoming US Open.
- Medvedev will face Jan-Lennard Struff for a third time in their careers and has won both of their matches so far, with both going to a deciding set.
- Jan-Lennard Struff became the latest player to upset the odds and beat world number seven Stefanos Tsitsipas in their second-round match by winning the deciding set tie-break after taking the first.
- 29-year-old Jan-Lennard Struff is having his best season yet and is 4-3 up in 2019 against top 10 players after his second defeat of the fifth seed Stefanos Tsitsipas this year.
- The German admits to preferring the clay but his quarter-final exit at Indian Wells, where he beat then world number three Alexander Zverev in the previous round, show he is more than capable on the hard surface.
Daniil Medvedev is shaping up to be an unlikely contender for the US Open and is on yet another straight-sets run at the Cincinnati Masters after not dropping a set at either the Citi Open or Rogers Cup before losing both finals. He faces Germany’s Jan-Lennard Struff in good form and having the best year of his career at 29 years old, having just beaten Stefanos Tsitsipas in the round previous. Struff is a dangerous opponent for many top players, but Medvedev can close this out in his customary two sets as he looks to keep climbing up the ATP rankings.