2019 Cincinnati Masters – Daniil Medvedev vs David Goffin Preview & Prediction
Where is Daniil Medvedev vs David Goffin taking place? Lindner Family Tennis Center, Mason
When is Daniil Medvedev vs David Goffin on and what time does it start? Monday 12th August, 2019, 18:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Daniil Medvedev vs David Goffin? Expected weather and temperature here
What channel is Daniil Medvedev vs David Goffin on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Daniil Medvedev vs David Goffin? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Daniil Medvedev vs David Goffin? https://www.wsopen.com/Tickets/
Last meeting: David Goffin beat Daniil Medvedev 4-6, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3, 7-5
- Daniil Medvedev lost the first set of his campaign at Cincinnati to the reigning champion Novak Djokovic in their semi-final but produced one of his best performances to beat the Serb in three.
- Medvedev is through to his third successive hard-court final after losses to Nick Kyrgios at the Citi Open and Rafael Nadal at Montreal and will face David Goffin for the third time this year.
- Medvedev lost to David Goffin as recently as last month in a brutal five-set match at Wimbledon in the third round, but he was the victor on a hard court at the Australian Open earlier this year.
- David Goffin got past a slightly fatigued Richard Gasquet in straight sets in their semi-final to face Daniil Medvedev, whom he beat just over a month ago at Wimbledon.
- Goffin is through to his first final here at Cincinnati and his second ATP final this year having lost to Roger Federer at Halle in June.
- Goffin also faced Federer in the semi-finals of last year’s Cincinnati Open but was forced to retire so he will see this final as retribution and a massive opportunity against Medvedev.
Both finalists here have big designs on the latter stages of the incoming US Open but it is difficult to look past Daniil Medvedev’s emphatic victory over Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals. The Russian has lost his last two finals, both on hard courts this month, and will consider this match against David Goffin as revenge for a marathon five-set loss to the Belgian at Wimbledon last month. Goffin’s fitness served him well against 33-year-old Richard Gasquet but he will have to rely once more on his graceful shot-making against Medvedev, with whom he shares a 1-1 head-to-head record. If Goffin wins a set this match could go either way, but his self-confidence could suffer if the Russian takes the first and Medvedev should win his first final here, third-time lucky.