2019 Cincinnati Masters – Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet Preview & Prediction
Where is Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet taking place? Lindner Family Tennis Center, Mason
When is Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet on and what time does it start? Monday 12th August, 2019, 18:30 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet? Partly cloudy with a temperature around 31c
What channel is Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet? https://www.wsopen.com/Tickets/
Last meeting: Andy Murray beat Richard Gasquet 5-7, 7-6, 6-0, 6-2
- Andy Murray’s last professional Men’s Singles match was the first round of the Australian Open in January this year where he lost to Roberto Bautista Agut in five brutal sets.
- Since the Australian Open, Murray has come close to retiring through persistent pain, undergone a serious and potentially career-ending surgery and fought his way back to fitness before winning the Doubles at Queen’s in his first tournament back.
- Murray holds a very healthy 7-3 head-to-head record over Richard Gasquet, with the Frenchman taking two wins towards the beginning of their careers while the Scot has won the last five.
- Richard Gasquet pulled off an excellent three-sets win over Kei Nisikori in the second round of last week’s Rogers Cup before losing to an in-form Roberto Bautista Agut in the third.
- The Frenchman has moved up ten ATP rankings places as a result to 56th and looks to be in good shape as he faces a player who has also spent a large portion of this year off the tour following surgery.
- Andy Murray was the player who ended Gasquet’s best campaign here back in 2015 in the quarter-finals but this was when the Brit was at the height of his powers.
Form and rankings go out the window for this match-up between two players of a similar age who have undergone big operations this year, Murray’s hip and Gasquet’s groin, and fought back through recovery to re-join the tour. While this is Andy Murray’s first singles match since his hip resurfacing surgery, he has played in five tournaments in the Doubles, winning in Queen’s with Feliciano Lopez and reaching the quarter-finals in Washington with his brother Jamie. Gasquet and Murray have not met each other since 2016, but none of their six previous matches have been won in straight sets, with Murray holding a 7-3 lead in a head-to-head record of well-contested matches. Failing a result, where emotions might overtake reason, this match should go to a decider.
However, Murray has looked in good enough form in his Doubles matches to work his way back to the top 50 at least, and his never-ending capacity for a fight can see him win his first match back on the tour.