2019 China Open – Roberto Bautista Agut vs Sam Querrey Preview & Prediction
Where is Roberto Bautista Agut vs Sam Querrey taking place? National Tennis Centre, Beijing
When is Roberto Bautista Agut vs Sam Querrey on and what time does it start? Tuesday 1st October, 2019, 08:40 (UK)
What is the expected weather for Roberto Bautista Agut vs Sam Querrey? Partly cloudy, 30c
What channel is Roberto Bautista Agut vs Sam Querrey on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Roberto Bautista Agut vs Sam Querrey? Amazon Prime subscribers can stream the match live va their platform
Where can I get tickets for Roberto Bautista Agut vs Sam Querrey? https://www.wsopen.com/Tickets/
Last meeting: Roberto Bautista Agut beat Sam Querrey 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
ROBERTO BAUTISTA AGUT
- Roberto Bautista Agut managed to put a desperately disappointing first-round exit at the US Open behind him with a good showing at the Zhuhai Open last week but lost in the semi-finals to the eventual champion Alex de Minaur.
- Bautista Agut is entering his fifth China Open and has a 4-4 record in Beijing, losing in the first round to Alexander Zverev last year but reaching the quarter-finals in 2017.
- The 31-year-old Spaniard can look back on an excellent year in which he won the title in in Doha and reached the top 10 of the ATP rankings for the first time.
- Sam Querrey will re-ignite his 2019 season here after a lay-off following his disappointing first-round US Open exit to Juan Ignacio Londero.
- 31-year-old Querrey reached two consecutive quarter-finals at the China Open in 2012 and 2013 but has since exited at the first opportunity in his previous two appearances.
- Querrey has not managed to beat Roberto Bautista Agut in three previous attempts, with the Spaniard victorious on tennis’ unofficial hat-trick of grass, clay and hard courts.
There doesn’t seem to be much in this match for Sam Querrey compared to Roberto Bautista Agut, who is chasing points to qualify for the ATP Finals in November. The big-serving American can beat anyone on his day, but his hard-court form over the last few months has left much to be desired, and he has never beaten his industrious opponent in three previous attempts.