When is South Africa vs Sri Lanka taking place? Saturday 16th March, 11:00
Where is South Africa vs Sri Lanka taking place? Cape Town
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs Sri Lanka? Temperatures between 20-21c with lots of sunshine and some cloud cover in very humid conditions
What channel is South Africa vs Sri Lanka on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa vs Sri Lanka? The match will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs Sri Lanka? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/p...
South Africa beat Sri Lanka by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Faf du Plessis
- South Africa’s dominance in the ODI series continued as they were big winners once again thanks to a dominant display from their bowling attack that reduced Sri Lanka to just 189 runs.
- In reply, South Africa made fairly light work of chasing down what they required and despite losing four wickets along the way, they were able to make 190/4 in just the 33rd over with them having plenty in hand.
- JP Duminy will be happy with his effort on his first return to the side, scoring an unbeaten 31 from 21 balls to help his side to their total whilst Dale Steyn took a wicket in his first appearance of the series but Hashim Amla wasn’t selected although he should come into the side in the final game.
Captain: Lasith Malinga
- Sri Lanka struggled with both bat and ball once again as their sorry effort in this ODI series has left big questions over how they are going to challenge at the upcoming World Cup just a few months away.
- If it hadn’t been for Isuru Udana scoring 78 having come in to bat at nine, the Sri Lankans would have struggled to score three-figures with only three other players managing to score in the 20s.
- Making several changes to their side didn’t give the Sri Lankans the boost they were looking for although Dhananjaya de Silva did a decent job on his return after he missed the third game with him taking 3/41.
This has not been a close series by any stretch of the imagination with South Africa able to dominate their opponents and now hold a 4-0 lead heading into the fifth and final game with the Proteas eager to secure a whitewash as the race for World Cup places becomes all the more competitive. The hosts have been too good and should have little problem earning their fifth win of the series but will want to do it in style and expect their batsmen to put on a show with the bowling unit able to get on top of their opponents once again too.