When is South Africa vs Pakistan taking place? Wednesday 30th January, 11:00
Where is South Africa vs Pakistan taking place? Newlands, Cape Town
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs Pakistan? Sunny for most of the day with highs of 23c but there is also likely to be periodic clouds
What channel is South Africa vs Pakistan on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa vs Pakistan? South Africa vs Pakistan will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs Pakistan? https://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Cricket/Pakistan-Cricket-Tickets
Pakistan beat South Africa by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Faf du Plessis
- South Africa were unable to seal the series after a batting collapse gave them no real hope of winning the fourth ODI with Pakistan comfortably ensuring that the final game is not a dead rubber.
- Only four players posted double-digits whilst Hashim Amla and Faf du Plessis accounted for 116 of the Proteas’ paltry effort of 164 with such a poor effort potentially leading to a couple of changes in personnel.
- Perhaps the most concerning factor for the South Africans ahead of the deciding match in Cape Town will be their slow scoring rate, having taken 41 overs to score their 164 and that is something they will have to improve on in this final match.
Captain: Mohammad Hafeez
- Pakistan will have felt unfortunate not to win the rain-affected third ODI and channelled that frustration in the best possible manner as they dominated the fourth match to level the series at 2-2 despite being without skipper Sarfraz Ahmed who was handed a four-match ban by the ICC for alleged racist comments.
- The tourists were superb with bat and ball as they skittled South Africa for just 164 as all five bowlers took at least one wicket as they kept the hosts in check throughout their innings while Usman Shinwari did the majority of damage with figures of 4-35.
- Imam-ul-Haq will be key to Pakistan’s chances with the opening batsman building on his impressive 100 in the third ODI with another good score of 71 as the 70-run first-wicket partnership with Fakhar Zaman set the tone in the run chase and will be important once again.
Newlands is the setting for this deciding One-Day International between South Africa and Pakistan with the hosts having it all to do after suffering a big defeat in the fourth ODI. The tourists head into this fifth and final match with plenty of confidence after they dominated with both bat and ball to claim an eight-wicket victory to level the series. They have arguably been the better side for the longer spells of the series and can get what they feel they deserve with a win in this decider.