AT A GLANCE
When is South Africa vs Pakistan taking place? Friday, 11th January, 08:00
Where South Africa vs Pakistan taking place? Wanderers, Johannesburg
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs Pakistan? Cloudy conditions are forecast throughout with temperatures of 22-24c expected and chances of rain on days four and five
What channel is South Africa vs Pakistan on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa vs Pakistan? South Africa vs Pakistan will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Are tickets still available for South Africa vs Pakistan? https://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Cricket/Pakistan-Cricket-Tickets
South Africa beat Pakistan by 9 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Dean Elgar
- South Africa sealed the series by winning the second Test match so there is nothing to play for other than boosting their ranking as a victory will see them move up to 2nd and they will have a chance of surpassing India at the top of the ranking.
- Captain Faf du Plessis is suspended for this match after receiving a one-match ban for a slow over rate in Cape Town so Dean Elgar will skipper the side here with Zubayr Hamza coming into the middle order while Aiden Markram is an injury doubt and Pieter Malan is on standby to come in for him at the top of the order.
- The rest of the team should remain unchanged unless the selectors decide to rest one or two players and their bowlers may be candidates to make way with Keshav Maharaj available to come in but given the changes in the batting order and the dominance their pace bowlers have over Pakistan, they may go unchanged there.
Captain: Sarfraz Ahmed
- Pakistan’s inability to come to terms with the conditions and show sufficient concentration and focus for long enough spells when batting have ultimately been their downfall in this series and they will look to salvage some pride in this final Test.
- All the talk is surrounding the likely dropping of Fakhar Zaman who has struggled to find any form on his return to the side so Faheem Ashraf is tipped to come in for him and that will give them another option with the ball also to ease the burden on the bowling unit.
- Talented youngster Shaheen Shah Afridi could be rested for this final Test as he has started to look somewhat fatigued as many of their players did in the last Test so Hasan Ali could come back in while spinner Shadab Khan could be handed an opportunity to get some more experience in the Test match format.
The pitches in this series have been criticised for being uninspiring and somewhat dangerous with uneven bounce so it will be interesting to see how this one plays after the Test last year against India. That match saw a crazy uneven bounce that was incredibly dangerous so they may have made this track much more docile. Pakistan were not happy with the pitch in the last game and that attitude alone suggested they had given up. They have struggled to contain the South African bowlers and will likely do so once again here. While the hosts batting line-up is weakened, they should still have enough to win and whitewash the tourists.