AT A GLANCE
When is South Africa vs Pakistan taking place? Saturday, 19th January, 11:00
Where is South Africa vs Pakistan taking place? Port Elizabeth
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs Pakistan? Temperatures of 18-20c with cloud and a small chance of rain
What channel is South Africa vs Pakistan on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa vs Pakistan? South Africa vs Pakistan will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Are tickets still available for South Africa vs Pakistan? https://www.viagogo.co.uk/Spor...
Pakistan beat South Africa by 19 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Faf du Plessis
- South Africa are coming off a superb 3-0 whitewash victory in the Test series against Pakistan so they will be full of confidence as this will see the hosts who are the 4th-placed team facing the 5th-placed team in the ODI world rankings.
- Captain Faf du Plessis returns after missing the Third Test through suspension so he will be well rested coming into this series but they have decided to rest Dale Steyn after a shoulder concern and Quinton de Kock for this series.
- They still have plenty of quality throughout their squad however for this first ODI and the in-form Duanne Olivier and Aiden Markram come into the reckoning, while Heinrich Klaasen will be the man behind the stumps for the first two matches at least.
Captain: Sarfaraz Ahmed
- Pakistan will have to pick themselves up after their Test series drubbing as they come into this five-match one-day international series, and they will be keen to regain some pride and confidence in Port Elizabeth.
- Mohammad Amir has been recalled to the ODI squad after his successful return to the Test squad and that offsets the absence of Mohammad Abbas who has been rested after a heavy workload over the last year.
- Shan Masood, Hussain Talat and Mohammad Rizwan come into the squad while all the regulars like Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan and Usman Shinwari are all in the 16-man squad as skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed has plenty of quality of options to select from.
This one-day series figures to be a much closer one than the Test series was although the conditions in many of the South African cities will still strongly favour the hosts. Pakistan have fared better of late in this format of the game and they will take heart from the fact that they won the series the last time they played in South Africa in 2013. They will be helped in one way by the fact that there will be some fresh but experienced blood coming into the team that will not be affected by the heavy Test series loss. However, those players will take time to adjust to conditions, and the hosts have to be favoured once again to get the victory.