2020 Tour Championship – Neil Robertson vs Ding Junhui Preview & Prediction
When is Neil Robertson vs Ding Junhui taking place and what time does it start? Tuesday 17th March, 2020 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Neil Robertson vs Ding Junhui taking place? Venue Cymru, Llandudno
What channel is Neil Robertson vs Ding Junhui on? ITV4
Where can I stream Neil Robertson vs Ding Junhui? ITV Hub
Where can I get tickets for Neil Robertson vs Ding Junhui? You can find ticket details for the 2020 Tour Championship here
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Neil Robertson 6-3 Ding Junhui
- Neil Robertson chose not to feature in the Gibraltar Open and will hope that decision pays off as he goes in search of a third world ranking event success of the season at the Tour Championship.
- Robertson has come into form at the right time in 2020 after claiming the European Masters before adding to the World Grand Prix title at the start of February which stands him in good stead ahead of an assault on a second world title.
- Robertson came out on top of his last clash with Ding Junhui with the pair meeting earlier in the season at the Shanghai Masters where the Australian proved too good with a 6-3 victory.
- Ding Junhui has struggled for form of late and will be eager to improve ahead of next month’s World Championships but will find it difficult in this clash with Neil Robertson at the Tour Championship.
- Junhui has shared nine victories apiece when facing Robertson with the pair evenly matched but with their respective form of late, the man from China will be up against it if he is to take the lead in career meetings between the two.
- Junhui won the UK Championship earlier in the season but has struggled since then and has failed to progress beyond the last 16 of any tournament he has competed in following that success.
Neil Robertson will be hoping to add a third world ranking success of 2020 as he begins his Tour Championship campaign against Ding Junhui. The Australian should relish the longer format of these matches and will see it as perfect preparation for the World Championships. Ding has been poor since his success in the UK Championship and that lack of form is likely to be detrimental to his chances here with Robertson able to capitalise to win by at least three frames.