2020 Dafabet Masters – Stephen Maguire vs David Gilbert Preview & Prediction
Where is Stephen Maguire vs David Gilbert taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
When is Stephen Maguire vs David Gilbert taking place and what time does it start? Friday 17th January, 2020 – 13:00 (UK)
What channel is Stephen Maguire vs David Gilbert on? BBC Two / BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Stephen Maguire vs David Gilbert? BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website
Where can I get tickets for Stephen Maguire vs David Gilbert? Tickets for the 2020 Dafabet Masters can be purchased here
- Stephen Maguire produced a sensational comeback as he fought back from 5-1 down to defeat Neil Robertson 6-5 in the first round of the Masters.
- The Scot will now compete in his first Masters quarter-final since 2015 after falling at the first hurdle in his previous two appearances.
- Maguire got the better of Gilbert in their last meeting in last season’s Championship League contest despite the Englishman scoring a maximum in that game.
- David Gilbert was in brilliant form as he conceded just a single frame on his way to victory over Mark Allen to progress to the quarter-finals.
- Gilbert produced five breaks of at least 50 in the win over Allen and also managed to turn one of those into a century with an effort of 121 in the second frame.
- This will be a tough ask for Gilbert as he comes up against an opponent in Maguire that he has only defeated once in six career meetings.
Both Stephen Maguire and David Gilbert produced impressive wins for different reasons in the first round. They will both be extremely confident but after blowing Mark Allen away, Masters debutant Gilbert can build on that and should earn just a second career victory over Maguire.