Where is Mark Selby vs Ali Carter taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
When is Mark Selby vs Ali Carter taking place and what time does it start? Sunday 12th January, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
What channel is Mark Selby vs Ali Carter on? BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Mark Selby vs Ali Carter? BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website
Where can I get tickets for Mark Selby vs Ali Carter? Tickets for the 2020 Dafabet Masters can be purchased here
- Mark Selby has won two ranking events so far this season and will be confident of adding a third after his recent win at the Scottish Open.
- Selby has won the Masters on three occasions but his last triumph was back in 2013 and he only managed to make the quarters last season.
- With 30 centuries already this season, Selby is scoring well and has the third highest number of 100s with him managing to score 16 more than his opponent in this game.
- Ali Carter has endured a frustrating season and he faces a difficult test in this first round of the Masters as he faces Mark Selby.
- Carter has not made it beyond the last 16 of a ranking event so far this season and will have to be much-improved against Selby.
- This is not a tournament that Carter has had much success in throughout his career with him failing to make it beyond the quarter-finals and he has been eliminated at the last 16 stage in nine of his 11 appearances.
Ali Carter's difficult season could be about to get worse as he faces Mark Selby in the opening round of the Masters. Carter has had limited success during this campaign and faces a tough task to overcome Selby who boasts the superior scoring and should notch the highest break of the match.