2020 Super Rugby AU – Western Force vs Melbourne Rebels Preview & Prediction
When is Western Force vs Melbourne Rebels taking place? Friday 31st July, 2020 – 10:05 (UK)
Where is Western Force vs Melbourne Rebels taking place? HBF Park
What channel is Western Force vs Melbourne Rebels on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Western Force vs Melbourne Rebels? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Western Force vs Melbourne Rebels? Visit this link for ticket information on Super Rugby games
THE TEAM NEWS
- Western Force were outclassed by the Brumbies last week as they lost for the third consecutive match at the start of their Super Rugby AU campaign and they now face another tough contest as they face Melbourne Rebels.
- Force were poor as they failed to score a single point in the contest with the Brumbies able to come out on top 0-12 in each half and having allowed four tries without replying themselves, they know there is plenty of work to do ahead of this fixture.
- After such a disappointing performance, Force will need to fix their issues with the ball and they have opted to make changes to their midfield in a bid to aid that with Kyle Godwin and Richard Kahui brought into the side.
- After drawing with the Reds, Melbourne Rebels were able to go one better and collect their first win of Super Rugby AU as they produced a strong display to comfortably defeat NSW Waratahs last week.
- The Rebels were impressive as they built a nine-point advantage at the break but their second half effort sealed the win as they kept the Waratahs scoreless as well as extending their lead by 10 to secure the 10-29 victory.
- In a further boost for the Rebels, they are also able to finally call upon the services of number eight Isi Naisarani following a hamstring issue while there also some changes in the backs to allow Reece Hodge to revert to fullback.
Western Force sit bottom of the standings in Super Rugby AU and they suffered a very poor defeat last week as they were nilled by the Brumbies. They now face a Melbourne Rebels outfit that have earned positive results in their last two contests and collected their first win of the competition last week as they proved too good for NSW Waratahs. That will give the Rebels plenty of confidence for this fixture and with Force struggling, the Melbourne outfit can come out on top by at least 10 points in this one.